Thursday, August 1, 2013

Chairs for boys

It's the last week of summer!??!??  That seems impossible.  Instead of completing anything on my summer to do list I'm using my last week to paint a doll house, relax and do a little bit of shopping.  Since there is nothing exciting to report I'm sharing two chairs I painted a couple of years ago.

The first was for my college roommate when she was pregnant with her first son.  Kaley wanted a unisex chair so she could use it for her son and any other children she might have in the future.  I decided on a nursery rhyme theme.  After learning the nursery would be farm theme I decided on Hey Diddle Diddle.


The stars have "Dad" and "Mom" written in them.  After her son was born I added his name thinking that she could add names of other children along the way.



I think the dish and spoon are my favorite part!

Me and Kaley at her baby shower.

Kaley's sister loved the chair so much that she wanted one for her son.  I was happy to paint one for her and decided on a planes and trains theme.  Even though I've painted several chairs since then, Caden's chair remains one of my favorites.








Two cute chairs for one of my favorite families!


No comments:

Post a Comment