Monday, April 27, 2015

Bunk Beds!!

Nola is finally out of her crib!  We kept her in as long as possible.  We lucked out- she never tried to climb out, liked sleeping in it, and even played in it occasionally.  Here she is on her first night in the crib and her last night.
I got a little emotional when I put these two pictures together.

Rob and I had been talking about "big girl" beds for awhile and back in February we had a free weekend to shop around.  We went back and forth about what kind to get her, but eventually settled on bunk beds.  We figured they take up the same amount of space with an added extra bed, which will be nice for sleepovers, visitors, or maybe a future sibling? 



I told Robert when we ordered the beds that I wasn't going to get new bedding until we figured out what the room was going to look like, but after a few minutes of online shopping I decided to have the bedding ready :)  I found the sheets at Pottery Barn Teen and the comforters at Target.  We re-arranged the room after they were set up.

Before

After


Before

After

After

We had a little hiccup when we found a crack after they were assembled.  We had new ones delivered and Nola could still sleep in them while we waited for the new ones, so it worked out.  She has transitioned nicely, it took her about a week and a half to get use to the new normal.  The hardest part is putting her back in bed when she gets out without talking to her or showing emotion.  Especially when she's screaming, "I just want to cuddle a little bit!".   Tragic.  Another downfall is that she use to play in her crib on the weekends until 9:30ish.  Now she comes into our room when she wakes up at 7:30- 8.  I know I shouldn't complain about this-- what 3 year old sleeps in that late?  But still, it's been an adjustment!

Overall it's been a fun experience.  It's really made her feel like a big girl.  I can't believe how grown up she is!


No comments:

Post a Comment