Sunday, June 28, 2015

31

I turned 31, and it wasn't quite as exciting as 30.  This was the first birthday that just felt like a normal day- the only difference was the crazy amount of Facebook notifications.  Maybe because it was a Monday?  Maybe because I spent most of it at home with Nola?  I don't know, but it wasn't a bad day.

I had a doctor's appointment in the morning and took Nola with me.  She was excited to hear the heartbeat and it was the first time I've seen her excited about the baby being a boy.  Then we met some friends for lunch and Nola was awful.  She was dumping grapes into her water, sugar all over the table, and running around the restaurant.  It was frustrating but I know she was just bored and tired.  We got home and she was just about asleep when the doorbell rang.  It was a lady with a bouquet of balloons.  Nola went nuts and played with them for a while which gave me some time to relax.  We hit the pool in the afternoon and came back to a fun surprise- Robert had asked the neighbor to babysit so we could go out to dinner without Nola.  We drove to a favorite restaurant in a nearby town only to find out it was closed on Mondays, so we headed to a pizza place.  It was a good evening, it's always nice to have some time alone with my hubby- who gave me some very pretty earrings :)


We're not sure how to take selfies.


I think 31 will be a good year!

No comments:

Post a Comment