Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Halfway!

Last week marked the halfway point of my pregnancy with baby #2.  


This pregnancy has been very different than my first.  I don't have much of an appetite and don't crave anything.  I'm pretty uncomfortable already so I'm interested to see how I feel when school starts (the day after tomorrow!).  While this one hasn't been as "fun" as the last I have enjoyed feeling him move.  He moves quite a bit and Robert felt him kick for the first time this week.

We have the nursery pretty much ready- which sounds crazy early, but I wanted to get it done this summer.  It's still technically a guest room but I painted it and everything is stored in our unfinished bathroom so we can make the switch closer to the due date.  We have a few ideas for names, but nothing concrete.  I had pretty much named Nola before I even met Robert (luckily, he liked the name) so finding one from scratch that we both like has been a little frustrating.

It's been fun talking to Nola about the baby.  She has gotten use to the idea of a brother and got to come with us to the ultrasound appointment last week.  She was excited to see him on the screen but the sound of the heart beat scared her a bit!  The other day she came up to me with a straight face and asked me if she could fart on the baby.  It was hysterical, still makes me laugh! 

School and softball will be in full swing next week so I'm hoping the next 20ish weeks will be as painless as possible.  I have a feeling I will have to remind myself to be positive often and take a few naps in my car during my plan period :)





3 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous, Meg! So excited for you all! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! We're excited too! Hope to catch up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! We're excited too! Hope to catch up soon!

    ReplyDelete