Sunday, September 11, 2016

First Day of Pre-K

Nola is in school!  She's spent the last four and a half years driving with Robert to Lincoln and spending the day with Michelle.  This year I'm taking her to Columbus so she can attend Pre-K at St. Bons.  She is in daycare in the morning, walks with them to the high school across the street for lunch, then goes to the room across the daycare for Pre-K.

She was pretty excited for her first day.  My mom and I took her back to school shopping when she was here for Robert's party.  She got some cute dresses, shoes, and the cutest backpack.


Her teacher is Mrs. Kluever.  My mom helped Nola make a supplies cake for her to bring to Open House, but I forgot to take a picture!  It was pretty cute!  Mrs. Kluever sent a thank you card home one day and Nola could not stop talking about how much she loved her.


So far she seems to enjoy it.  It wears her out, we're putting her to bed around 8 and she fall asleep within minutes of closing her door.  It's kind of amazing!  I've been pretty impressed with the staff.  Everyone is really friendly and remembers who we are.  Even when I called in over the summer they knew my name, Nola's name, and the fact that we lived out of town.  Her class is also pretty small, only 8 kids, so I think that will be good for her.



It's been strange to be responsible for dropping her off and picking her up.  We see soooooooo much more of each other because of that and the fact that I'm not coaching.  She's so funny.  This morning she asked if we could get our nails done after school.  I think there will be many trips to the salon in the future!  

No comments:

Post a Comment