Friday, March 28, 2014

Circus

Last weekend we went to the Circus! It was Nola's first time and she was excited. She was really looking forward to seeing the elephants. When we walked in the door we were met by a bunch of craziness. Tons of people, clowns, workers in costumes and people with painted faces pushing merchandise. So I wasn't surprised when she started crying as we walked to the bathroom to change her diaper. I thought she would clam down once we got into the bathroom but she just screamed louder. When I set her down to wash my hands I knew it was going to be a rough night. She freaked out, and continued to do so for the next 20 minutes.



Apparently, she's afraid of clowns. Every time she saw one she would start screaming again. I'm not surprised that she scares easily because I scare easily- just ask my parents about the E.T. incident. But I was/am disappointed. Being a big ol' scardey cat is a trait I'd rather not pass on to my child.

When the circus started, Nola calmed down a little.  We got her in her seat and she seemed to enjoy the rest of the night.  She ate a whole tub of popcorn but wouldn't touch the cotton candy.


Nola loved the elephant.  She also loved the acrobats because I told her they were princesses :)

I tried to get a few pictures of us together but she kept making silly faces.


This is the best one I could get.



In case you're keeping score, Nola is afraid of clowns, vacuums, and Santa.


No comments:

Post a Comment