Friday, March 7, 2014

Liebster Award

My college roommate, Libbi, blogs over at Finding Meaning through Writing.  She is an amazing writer and is changing the lives of many teenagers as an English teacher in Denver.   She also reads this blog and has left more comments than any other reader!  Thanks for those three comments Libberito!!


Recently Libbi nominated Swirls & Stripes for a Liebster Award!  What's that?  According to Libbi it's a German word (she loves those).  Here are the details:
The Liebster Award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. So, what is a Liebster? It is a German word and it simply means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
Official rules for the Liebster award are as follows:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog.
2. You must answer the 10 questions given to you by the blogger who nominated you.
3. Nominate 10 of your favourite blogs with fewer than 200ish followers and notify them of their nomination.
4. Come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
1. Why do you write?
I blog for my family.  I want to have a record of memories that Nola can read when she's older.   I also want to share my artwork.

2. Who inspires you?
Nola, my family, my students,  Dwayne "the Rock" Johnson.
3. What book has had the greatest impact on you?
Lama Lama Red Pajama, The Wee Piggy, I'll Love You Forever, anything I read with Nola.

4. What is your earliest memory?
I have a horrible memory, but I think I remember trying mustard at Disney Land when I was 4ish?  I also remember cheating on a spelling test in 3rd grade.  I still feel pretty guilty about it.
5. What is your favorite quote, mantra, or scripture?
"Create a life you love."  
6. What is your favorite tree, flower, or plant? Why?
The cocoa plant.  CHOCOLATE!
7. Describe your idea of comfort food.
See question 6.  Also, I'm totally loving these right now-


8. How do you spend Sunday mornings?
I normally make breakfast and do the dishes that have piled up over the last week.

9. Which blog speaks most poignantly to you? Why? Include a link.
I love reading about what Libbi is doing in her classroom and in her home.  I also like The Militant Baker.  She writes about body love and accepting yourself at any size.
10. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you visit?
Pittsburgh or Indianapolis.  I'm not a huge traveler.  I'd rather hang out with my sisters in their new cities then travel the world.
And.... I'm not doing rules 3 and 4.  I don't follow a lot of small blogs, but it was fun to answer these questions!  Thanks Libbi! P.S.  Come visit.

1 comment:

  1. Awww Megs! I love all of your comments. So glad you accepted the award. You were the one who inspired me to start a blog in the first place. Hoping a visit works out real soon. Miss you, dear friend! xo P.S. Can we make a pact??

    ReplyDelete