Thursday, April 24, 2014

Variety Show 2014

For the last few years we've had a Staff vs. Students Variety Show.  We put together a few skits/performances that make us look like idiots and the students show off their talent.  We have never won...  and we never should.  It's always fun and that's what matters!  This year I made a #hashtag video, a selfie video and we did two skits live.  In one of them three of us fought over a cute new English teacher while "Call Me Maybe" played.  



Students loved this one because they think he is just the cutest thing ever.

Our last skit was my favorite because I got to use my karaoke skills.  We had the judges come up on stage and did a parody of The Voice.  They were told to turn around if they heard something good.  What the audience didn't know was that we told them backstage not to turn around until the last act.  One of the students' favorite subs is an 80 year old former choir teacher so we wanted her to be the big finale.  Maggie and I sang "Total Eclipse of the Heart."  We played up the "TURN AROUND" part.



We rocked it.  I know they would have turned around if they could :)

No comments:

Post a Comment