Friday, August 19, 2016

Girl's Day

I read a lot about having a second child and how it was important to do things one-on-one with the oldest kid once the baby comes.  With that in mind, as well as  an invitation to the zoo, I thought I would have a girl's day with Nola!  

She threw a fit when I told her Turk wasn't coming.  Now I know who she likes better.

After she came to terms with the fact that it was just going to be the two of us, we packed up the car and headed to the Omaha zoo!  A friend was celebrating a birthday there so we met up with them. 


It was crazy busy (I had to make my own parking spot) and just hot enough to be kind of miserable, but we ran into Nola's daycare provider and her family.  Nola was very shy and told me later that she didn't talk to her because she didn't think it was the real Michelle. 





We got to see the monkeys, the new elephants and the giraffes along with other zoo animals.  We only stayed a few hours then headed to the main event....




Build-a-bear!!!



I don't know why she's so obsessed.  She has told me on several occasions that her life goal is to work at Build-a-bear.  We have been doing a behavior chart with her and the big prize was a trip to her future employer, so she already had an animal picked out.  

We ended our outing with a stop at the Cheesecake Factory.  Nola tried her cheesecake and then puked it up on her cheesecake right next to the couple that was having a romantic date.  Ummm, sorry?!?  But mostly I'm sorry that I couldn't finish her cake.  Because of the puke on it.  Kids. 

No comments:

Post a Comment