Saturday, March 23, 2013

Nola's Chair


Last year I was asked to donate something for the Go Red for Women auction.  Go Red for Women is an annual event that raises money to fight heart disease in women.  I thought donating a custom piece of hand-painted furniture would be a great way to help out and also give me the motivation I needed to finish painting the chair I had started for Nola.  I put Nola's chair in the auction as an example.




I thought the quote was cute and not too childish.  The design matches her bedding.  I love the way it turned out, it's my favorite chair to date!  Nola loves it too.  She also LOVES the Llama Llama books.


The woman that won the auction last year wanted a similar chair for her daughter.


This years auction was a few weeks ago and I'm still waiting to hear from the winner.  I haven't painted in a while so I'm excited to start a new project!


No comments:

Post a Comment