Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Winter Break

Today was my first day back to school after five days off! It was a much needed break that I got to spend mostly with Nola! On Thursday night I got to have a girls night out with my teaching friends. Because we are busy and someone is always pregnant we don't get together that much. I'm very thankful for my job.  Not only do I love my room and students but I also have many coworkers that have become good friends.  Tarin and I started the same year. Sadly, she is moving to another town. I will miss her next year!


Of course, like any break from school in the Danner house, this one wasn't complete without a little DIY.  I ordered some spice racks online to use as bookshelves for Nola's corner in the family room.  I painted them and hung them up.  I tried to put them in spots that wouldn't get in the way while she sat in her chair and also a place she could reach.  I think it works but I might add one more.  So far Nola just pulls all of the books out. Hopefully she figures out how to put them back soon.



Another DIY project involved the never ending bathroom re-model.  Because we installed vessel sinks we didn't think we need a backsplash, but after a few weeks of using the sinks we realized there was still a lot of water splashing on the wall.  So for Christmas (thanks Mom!) I got some penny tile and finally had some time to install it this weekend.



It was kind of a pain to install around the existing sinks and faucets but I got it done.  Hopefully I will have time this weekend to grout and hang the mirrors back up.

You may be wondering what a 1 year old was doing while I was hard at work.  Well, she was watching the Backyardigans.... 


and dumping Cheerios all over the house.... and then laughing about it.  She can laugh now but soon she'll be DIY-ing along with me!  I'd have to say it wasn't my best mom moment but was one of my better tiling moments, so I guess I'll call it a wash?

I ended my break with a fun shopping trip with my good friend Stacey.  I bought some goodies.  A duvet cover, a purse, some clothes, make-up and a few things for Nola.  I got Nola some crayons that she can use to write on the tub during a bath.  She used them last night and liked them.  Hooray!  Bath time is always a struggle.  As soon as she hears the water turn on she runs to Robert in hopes that he wont make her get in the tub.  It's cute/annoying.  Anyway, here is my swag-




Yeah for another short week!


No comments:

Post a Comment