Monday, April 8, 2013

Favorite Things

My favorite things- Nola edition

1. Nola is helpful


Recently Nola has started helping us with different chores around the house. She likes to pick her toys up, help load the washing machine, and get food out of the refrigerator. She loves to open the fruit drawer and grab a fruit cup then walk over to her booster seat and wait until someone lifts her up. WARNING: She is NOT patient.  If you ever see this child standing by her chair with a fruit cup you better get her strapped in ASAP or you will never hear the end of it.

2. Nola has pretty hair... and a new bald spot


I love Nola's hair even if it's a little mullet-y.  It's starting to get really long over her eyes and she will not keep a clip in so the other night I tried pigtails.  It took me well over 20 minutes to get her to hold still and she refused to look at the camera afterwards.  Although she hated the process of getting pigtails she didn't try to pull them out so on Saturday Robert and I held her head down so I could give her a ponytail in the front to keep her bangs out of her eyes.  Half way to Lincoln I turned around and she had ripped the rubber band out along with a chunk of her hair.  Luckily it's not too obvious!

3. Nola loves to sleep


Thank God.  Anyone who knows me knows I need 2 things to be a somewhat pleasant person: food and sleep.  Nola has slept through the night since she was 7 weeks old.  She rarely wakes up and takes a nap everyday.  Last Monday her nap lasted nearly 2 1/2 hours!  I don't know what I would do if she wasn't such a good sleeper.  I don't know what I'd do but I know how I would act and it rhymes with itchy. 

Nola is a great sleeper but not really a morning person.  We have to wake her up on weekdays to get her to daycare in the morning.  The picture below is one I took last week after I took her PJs off and laid her down on her back to changer her diaper. By the time I grabbed her outfit she had turned over and fallen back to sleep. OMG how cute is that?!?! 



4. Nola believes the impossible


Nola believes that she can fit in small spaces.  She believes that the vacuum in dangerous.  She believes that all remotes control the TV in the family room.  She believes Elmo lives in my phone and she believes that she is the center of our universe.  She may be right about the last one.

5.  Nola is passionate


This is what Nola did when I told her to kiss Elmo.  Eyes closed, open mouth.  Sometimes she does the same thing when she kisses us.  It's cute/weird.  I hope she is passionate about a lot of things in life, like art or music and learning new things.  But mostly I hope she is passionate about people.  I hope she has empathy and has a passion for helping people in some way that makes her happy.  Unless those people are boys and her way of helping involves closed eyes and open mouths.

No comments:

Post a Comment