Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Nap Time/Show Time

Nola has been napping like crazy lately.  2-3 hours at a time.  It's been awesome!  When she wakes up she has CRAZY bed head.

Also, she is a little cranky.  Here are a couple cute videos.  The first one makes me laugh.  I don't know why.  You can hear her say "please" in the second one, then she gets cranky again.


Also, this weekend I was in a staff vs. student Variety Show.  Our students have many talents.  Our staff has one- act like idiots to make people laugh.  We did an "evolution of dance" dressed in 80's workout gear.  It included a lot of famous dances- my favorite was "Bye, bye, bye" but the students really enjoyed Gangnam Style.  Not to brag, but I had 2 students tell me yesterday that I was the best dancer.  I gave it my all.  You should have seen my Dougie.  In the actual performance I had purple tights but was too lazy to change back into them to go to the bar.  Yes, we wore our 80's outfit to the bar.


In another skit we were acting like we were the CHS choir coming back for a reunion show.  We all wore black and white.  We sang "I've got Rhythm" and each of us had our own moment to scat.  It was very entertaining.  I decided that I was the old lady that still thought she was stylish.  You can't tell in the picture but my skirt has grey and black leopard print on it.


I also re-wrote the words and made a parody music video to "Thrift Shop" but can't put it on the internet.  We had a Harlem Shake incident a few months ago and I'm not getting fired over a music video.  It's a good one though.  

Overall it was a great night!  I love being involved in a show, especially since I never did it in high school.  I also love letting students see a different side of me.  Ok, it's not that different because I'm known to sing in class, but I do love being told that I'm the best dancer.  Fun fact:  When I spell check a document with my name on it it asks me if I meant "Mean Dancer."  Yes spell check, that's exactly what I meant....



No comments:

Post a Comment