Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Go Red (and zebra) For Women

This was my second year participating in the Go Red for Women event in Columbus. Both years I've contributed by donating a custom piece of hand painted furniture to the silent auction. Last year I painted this chair for the winner. This years winner wanted a rocking chair to match her daughters zebra and hot pink room.


She didn't want a name on it so both daughters could enjoy it.  She chose a quote that was a little more grown up.  I thought it was a good one because I think it's inspiring for a young girl.
 GIRL POWER!!!


I did something different with this chair- I added a little flare! I hot glued some trim around the bottom of the seat.


I really liked the way it looked. Plus, if she hated it she could just pull it off.  I actually liked it so much that I added some flare to Nola's chair too.


Nola loves it but I'm not sure how the auction winner felt about her chair.  When I dropped it off yesterday she wasn't there. Her husband took it for her and didn't say much about.  I'm just going to assume she loved it so much that her fingers fell off.  That's probably why she didn't text me to tell me how much she loved it. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment