Sunday, November 3, 2013

10 years

It's been 10 years since I've graduated high school.  It's hard to believe, manly because I'm still in high school, but it's true.  And we had an amazing reunion to celebrate!

After our sophomore year our town opened a new high school so half of us went to the new school- GO JAGUARS! Our reunion was for both schools, which was fun because we got to see everyone!  A friend that I hadn't seen in 6 years flew in from Chicago and spent the weekend with us. The reunion started with a casual get-together at a bar.  It was a little overwhelming to walk into a room of people you haven't seen in 10 years.  At first we were worried that we wouldn't remember anyone, but then there was a moment when we wondered if anyone would remember us!  It turns out we were worried for no reason.

AHS/ACHS friends!

Sara entertained us all night!

And then this happened:


Seriously, if you are ever in Wichita you have to check out Club Rodeo.  It's a country dance bar.  And a hip-hop dance bar.  And has LIVE BULL RIDING.  Every hour, on the hour.  It's crazy.  And fun!

Our formal reunion was the next night and was held at Exploration Place, which is where we got married!  It was so fun to be back there!  There was drinks, dinner, a few games, dancing and lots of catching up with old friends.  


Sara and I accidentally matched.  It's a twin thing.


The "0" didn't last all night.  We may have had something to do with that.

I wish I would have taken more pictures with all of the wonderful people I got to see again.  It really was a great weekend, and so full of love.  There is something so special about seeing people you've known for years after a long absence.  It's the same feeling I had after my fun weekend in Colorado this summer.  It's so comfortable and easy.  And FUN!  Seriously, my checks still hurt from laughing!


No comments:

Post a Comment