Monday, July 8, 2013

Nola's First Haircut

Nola's hair has been out of control for a few months but I've been avoiding getting it cut for one very valid reason: she freaks out when I touch her hair. I have to put it in a ponytail to keep it out of her eyes. Every morning I pin her down while she screams to get the ponytail in and then she yanks it out the first chance she gets. I finally decided to take her in to get it cut because I didn't want to deal with the ponytail drama anymore.  I was really nervous about it.  I thought she would cry and scream and ruin everyone's day.  I was wrong.  She did great!

Before & After

We went to a Cost Cutters in a Walmart right before they closed.  I thought that might be the best place and time to go because it would be less crowded.  We got right in and I explained to Mel, the hairdresser, that she might freak out.  Mel gave Nola a sucker and sat her down on the chair.  That woman knows how to deal with children!  Nola was so focused on the sucker that she didn't even notice Mel cutting and blow drying her hair.  She also didn't notice me taking a billion pictures.  Here are a few:









They gave me a certificate with her hair on it.  I'm not sure why but I almost cried when I saw her little baby hairs.  I can't believe she is big enough for a hair cut! 


And the best part- no more ponytails!  I'll probably still give her a ponytail every now and then.  I'll just give her a sucker before I do it :)




2 comments:

  1. Cute! I also got teary when Jay got his first haircut and also wondered why I was so emotional.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And that was just a haircut. What are we going to do when they go to school?!?!

    ReplyDelete