Sunday, February 23, 2014

Good Bye Sochi!!

As I am typing this, the closing ceremonies are finishing up in Sochi.  It will be a few more hours before they air in the US and I'm wishing, like I always do, that I watched more of the games.  Maybe one day I'll just take 2 weeks off and do nothing but cheer from my couch?!?!  
 
My parents were in town last weekend and we had some Olympic events of our own.  Here are Gramcy and Nola preforming in their Olympic Ice Dancing debut.


Nola is also the first athlete in history to compete in both Ice Dancing and Speed Skating events- take that Bode Miller.


That's wax paper on her feet.  It really does feel like you're ice skating!

Nola took a tumble towards the end of the race.  Officials are looking into a possible foul.  They're also checking to see if it's legal to hold a golf club and a wand while competing. 

She ended up with a medal, but refused to wear it.


Some athletes are so stubborn.

I was lucky enough to wear a real Olympic gold medal from the games in Vancouver.  A friend of a friend is a member of the 4 man bobsled team that won gold 4 years ago and bronze earlier today.


How cool is that?  Maybe I'll get to try on the bronze soon!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment