Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Last living room project

I've wanted to mount our TV for a long time now.  Rob didn't want to because he thought it would be a pain to run cords through the wall.  He finally gave in and got me a TV mount for Christmas!  Mounting the TV was pretty easy.  We ran into a few problems when some of the cords were too short, but other than that it was a smooth sailing.


Before the TV was mounted:


 After the TV was mounted:

Originally, our TV stand was smaller and we had mirrors hanging around the TV.  Then we found an old dresser on Craigslist and turned it into an entertainment stand.  I wanted to hang the mirrors again once the TV was mounted but needed a few more to fill the whole wall.  After I found a few mirrors (on sale!) I traced each of them on poster board to make a template.  Then I hung the templates up for a few days.  


I changed a few of them around and when I was happy with the layout I measured the mirrors so I could make a mark on the template where I was going to put a screw.  Using the templates made this project much easier because I could get the layout I liked before putting the holes in the wall.  And buying the poster board at The Family Dollar only cost me $3!


I'm sooooo happy with the way it turned out.  I know it looks busy, but that's totally my style.  It was defiantly one of the easier projects we've done to the house, and one of the last projects for the living room!  We still have to add baseboard and patch the part of the ceiling that we took out when we turned the closet into the pantry.  

We haven't worked on the house for awhile, and doing this project gave me the bug!  I hear the bathroom calling my name....


No comments:

Post a Comment