Saturday, July 5, 2014

4th of July

Happy Birthday America!!!

Normally, the fourth of July isn't my favorite.  I'm not a big fan of heat, bugs, and it means that summer is coming to an end.  It's commonly the first day of my sad downward spiral into the "back to school" season.  I get kinda mopey.  

But, this year was different.  It's hard not to have a good time when you're with an (almost) three year old who LOVES fireworks.  She couldn't get enough.  She had the BEST DAY EVER.  I know because she told me so several times.


We did some daytime fireworks in the afternoon and then had a little cook-out. 



We waited (not so patiently) until sunset to do the bigger fireworks.  I got Nola a patriotic shirt and headband.  She would barely hold still for this picture because she was so excited to go outside.


Her reactions were adorable.  
 She said her favorite were the pink ones (ground blooms).  


And if you're interested, here are a few videos from the festivities! 





No comments:

Post a Comment