Monday, July 28, 2014

Becoming Mrs. Mallick, Day 1

We just got back (at midnight, after a three-hour flight delay) from our trip to Pittsburgh for my sister's wedding.  As I sit here watching my spray-tan fade, I can't help but think of how lucky I am.   Not only did we survived the last five days, we actually had a great time doing it with only a few minor hiccups.  I have a lot to share so I'm breaking this trip up into a few posts.

We left our house around 9am on Tuesday to drive to the airport.  I had bought a few toys for Nola and wrapped them so she could open them on the plane.  I put all of her presents in a bag she already had that has wheels along with some snacks and suckers.  She was excited that she had her own bag, especially because it had a spot to strap in her elephant.

Have you ever seen a cuter little traveler?  

Because of Rob's leg we got to board first and got the first row of seats.  This was great because Nola could move around a bit more but was also horrible because we didn't have access to our stuff during takeoff and landing.  Getting her back into her seat for landing was the worst part.  She screamed a lot. Note to self: Always have suckers on hand!  

We faced our biggest challenge after landing in Chicago.  We had a 2 hour layover and Nola wouldn't stay still.  There was a children's store next to our gate that sold all of Nola's favorite characters.  She went in there at least ten times and had a little pile in the corner of stuff she wanted.  If she wasn't sprinting to the store she was sprinting to the jet bridge.  Seriously, why do they keep that door open?

Our second flight went better.  We sat in a regular row and Nola spent most of her time on the floor under the tray.


Eventually, she got antsy and we took pictures to occupy our time.




Our second flight was 15 minutes delayed but we got to Pittsburgh 10 minutes early.  Yay Southwest!!  My Mom picked us and my Dad up, he landed the same time we did, and took me directly to the salon for my spray tan.  We hung out at the house and talked wedding details for the rest of the night while I tried not to sweat.  The key to a good spray tan is to stay very cool and still :)

After a long day of travel, I was very thankful for a mostly cooperative toddler and a rental house with air conditioning!




No comments:

Post a Comment