Monday, July 14, 2014

Platte County Fair

It's fair season!  I've always been a fair-weather fair fan, I only go if the weather is good (see what I did there?).  Well, yesterday was a nice day and the fair was not too far away, so I turned to Robert and said, "what do you say?  Let's go to the fair today!!!"  

And now I'm rhyming.  I spend too much time at home with a toddler.  When does school start?

Our first fair mistake was deciding to eat first.  We walked past the carousel to get to the jumbo corn dogs (yum) and Nola wouldn't stop asking to ride the horsey.  At one point, while we were eating, she slid out of the stroller and started sprinting towards it.  When we finally got her on the horse she was excited!


Next, she wanted to ride the train, some swings and bounce in the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse bounce house.




She didn't stay in the bouncy house long, and spent most of the time lying down.  She LOVED the trian.  Loved it.

We also got to check out some animals and artwork.  One of my students put a painting in the show and made it to the State Fair!  That was a fun surprise!  Luckily, it started raining on us so Nola wanted to go home.  Otherwise, we might have been there all day.

The Butler County Fair is next weekend and the fairgrounds are less than a block away from our house so I'm fair-ly certain we will make our way over there for some more fair fun!  Stay tuned!  




No comments:

Post a Comment