Sunday, October 18, 2015

Four

Nola is four.  I'm not sure how that happened and I don't really want to talk about it.


When you write these birthday posts I feel like you're supposed to know details, like what percentile she's in for height and weight, but I have no idea.  I think she's tall?  And that reminds me that I need to call the doctor to schedule her check-up.


She loves cats and her extreme fear of dogs has waviered a bit.  She's finally gotten use to the neighbors dogs (they're small) and will run after them yelling "stay still so I can pet you!"  They don't listen.


She's still a great sleeper... once she's asleep.  She still takes naps at daycare but we don't have her nap on the weekend.  On days she takes naps she'll stay up in her room much later than any four year old should.  She also hasn't worn pajamas in a few months.  I think she's warm-blooded.


She loves water, whether it's a pool or the bathtub.  She likes to fill the tub up and recreate scenes from The Little Mermaid using loofahs.  I'm always Ursula.  


She's had a lot of favorites, but the few that have stuck around are Disney Princesses, Build-a-Bear and My Little Pony.  She's trying to collect all of the ponies from Build-a-Bear and has very good reason for needed each one.  The ponies she does have get in fights (or "have attitude") and normally the only solution is to get another pony to even things out.


Her favorite princess, and Halloween costume, is Princess Aurora (Sleeping Beauty) but I think that's just because she likes pink. She's definitely a girly girl, she likes me to paint her nails but isn't a big fan of getting her hair done.  She's kind of obsessed with weddings and still talks about Aunt Jessica and Uncle John's wedding.  She was a flower girl and constantly surprises me with what she remembers. 


Her only non-ladylike habit is the "toot gun".  It's a darling game her father taught her where she bends over, pulls down her pants, and yells "toot gun, toot gun!!!"  If she catches you at the right time it might even include a real toot.  It's not fun to wake up to but much better than Robert's rendition. 


She's very affectionate and tells us she loves us often.  She'll cuddle if she wants something or is sick, which isn't that often.  I take advantage of that sometimes :)


She likes to play school with me and her stuffed animals.  Most of our school day is filled with music class.  If Robert and I are busy she is normally content playing in her room by herself.  After a while we'll hear, "Nobody wants to play with me!!" and we know our time is up.

 

She's pretty excited to be a big sister and has embraced the fact that it's a boy.  Her name suggestions have gone from Joey to Bing Bong to some name she made up that I don't know how to spell.  I've told her that the baby is coming after her birthday so I think she's expecting to meet him tomorrow.

She's goofy and fun and has a lot of energy.  Her big personality is easy to spot, even in pictures.  She's just such a joy to be around and I'm so happy that I get to watch her grow up!

Happy Birthday Nola Jane! 

No comments:

Post a Comment