Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Nola's birthday

Nola was so excited for her birthday.  For the last few weeks she's been asking how far away her birthday is. When she woke up on her big day she asked where the guests were.  Apparently she had decided that we were going to have a fancy party at our house, but she never told me that.  We had something else in mind, but before we left for Lincoln I took a picture of her pretending to sleep and realized it looked a lot like the first picture I ever took of her.

A brand new Nola and a 4 year old Nola


I wanted to keep Nola's birthday more low-key this year.  Last year, we had a party at home for family and friends and when she turned 2 she got 2 parties!  For her actual birthday we rented a room at Champions.  We asked Robert's family to join us.  We ate pizza and played games.  Nola also got to climb around in the play maze.  



I reused some decoration from my sister's bridal shower and we picked up some cupcakes on the way into town.






She was pretty excited about all of the presents, especially the Little Charmers dolls.


She had a blast and it was so easy- just what I was looking for.  

We got home in the late afternoon and gave Nola her birthday present.  I'm trying to stock up on dress-up clothes because I have a cute little wardrobe that will be replacing her dresser once we get around to doing the nursery.  She liked the wedding dress I found online. 



Before she went to bed she laid out her birthday loot.  



 She is one very loved little girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment