Monday, June 24, 2013

29 and Junk

Happy Birthday to me (and my twin sister)!  I turned the big 2-9 on Saturday and was luck enough to celebrate with my parents.  They brought me chocolate and peanut butter cupcakes from the same bakery we got our wedding cupcakes from.  Yummy!!!



My mom and I drove to Omaha to do some birthday shopping.  We went to lunch with my friend Lacey at my all time favorite, Lazlo's.  We ate a delicious meal and I got a free piece of birthday pie!  Again... yummy!!!




Lacey told us about an antique/garage sale/junkyard thing called Junkstock.  I bunch of vendors had set up shop in a field selling antiques, recycled and rescued stuff.  And this field of fantastic finds was only 5 minutes away!  Obviously, we had to go and I'm so glad we did!  It was really neat!  I saw a lot of super cute stuff but didn't have a spot for any of it in my house.  It's an annual thing so I'll be finding room (or adding an addition?!?) for future finds.  Man, I am all about alliteration today.

Junkstock!

Why were they selling koozies?

Cute bookshelf



I loved these owls

Hair twins!

We hit a few home decor shops before heading home.  And when we got home Rob had completely finished the bathroom remodel.  Just kidding.

I'll be posting about that later

And after spending a week with Grandpa and Gramcy, Nola was NOT happy to see them leave.  She started crying as soon as they put their shoes on.  It was sad and cute at the same time!

  






1 comment:

  1. You and mom seriously look so much alike now! Uncanny.

    ReplyDelete