Saturday, April 2, 2016

Spring break in Kansas

Last week was spring break! It's been awhile since our district has given us a whole week off so I was really looking forward to it! I packed up the van and headed to Wichita with the kids right after school on Friday. I forgot Turk's Dock-a-Tot (I highly recommend it) so I had to go back home which added 45 minutes to my trip :(  The kids were pretty good on the way down, but even better on the way home. We got in late Friday and went to bed!

My sister, Sara, came in for a few days to hang out which was nice because my parents had to work. We went shopping and drove up to Kansas City to see my grandparents, Aunt and cousin.  My Grandparents hid eggs around their place and Nola got to go on an egg hunt (the first of 5- anyone want some Easter candy?).  She was so egg-cited!


We spent some time with my Grandparents then met my Aunt and cousin for dinner.  It was their first time meeting Turk and somehow I forgot to take pictures!!  I guess we were having too much fun getting caught up.  Our KC trip ended with a trip to Build-A-Bear... Thanks F.A.!!  Nola got the Wonder Woman bear.  When we asked what her name was she said, Merlotte.  Then we asked her to spell it and she said, "BDNNT".  I think she got my spelling genes.


The next day my Grandparents from the other side of my family came to Wichita to meet Turk.  We had a wonderful time catching up and I even got pictures!


Sara left the next day and my mom and I took Nola to Exploration Place.  It's sort of a science museum geared towards kids.  It's also where I got married!  It's always fun to go back there.  Nola likes it too!





Here are a few more pictures from our trip!



We did some sidewalk painting! 

My dad is the original photo-bomber


We dyed Easter eggs after Boca took Nola to a trampoline park.


Nola at 2 months and Turk at 3 months.  I can't believe how much they look alike! 
We ended our trip with some shopping, another Easter egg hunt, and a VERY easy drive back to Nebraska.  I'm so thankful that my kids travel well! 


No comments:

Post a Comment