Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Variety Show!

The fifth annual Staff vs Students Variety Show was last weekend and once again I had a blast! We had more teachers involved this year than last, so that's always a plus!  The theme was America and we had a couple of live acts and I made a Face Swap video of our staff.  


We won last year with a lip sync, so we did it again with Disney songs. I decided that Nola was old enough to sit with Robert in the audience, so I was going to keep Turk backstage. When we started talking about doing a Disney number it became pretty obvious that Turk was going to make his theatrical debut! We each "sang" a different Disney song dressed in character.  I sang "Love is an Open Door" with a skeleton, then we ended with "Circle of Life" where Turk played Simba. 


When I "presented" him there was a pretty good audience reaction.  I went out a little too early and got a bit of an arm workout!  Luckily, he didn't cry or anything, just looked around. 


Here's the whole Disney group.  Can you tell who everyone is?  It was a fun night! 




No comments:

Post a Comment