Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Snow Days!

We had a big snowstorm a couple of weeks ago! We had been hearing about it for a week prior so everyone was pretty anxious to see if we would get the 8+ inches predicted. The snow was suppose to start late Monday night. At the beginning of the last class of the day on Monday the principal came on the intercom and said school had been cancelled for Tuesday. Our district doesn't get snow days very often and when we do they get called in the morning, so it was pretty unexpected! When we woke up Tuesday everything was white and it didn't stop until that evening. We got some stuff done around the house but mostly just relaxed with the kids.


At 6 o'clock Tuesday night I got a phone call- another snow day!! The snow has stopped so Nola and I spent some time outside on Wednesday. There were a lot of drifts around our house. We had fun climbing up them and rolling down. At one point I fell through some snow and twisted my ankle... getting old sucks. Nola and I made snow angels and some pretty pathetic looking snowmen with a kit my mom got her last Christmas. We also made a fort, a castle, and threw some snowballs.  Her favorite part was eating the snow and making me roll around with her.





We were out there for quite a while. When we came back inside we made some hot chocolate.  It was too hot so I put some snow in it and Nola thought that was the coolest thing in the world. She had so much fun but it didn't tire her out as much as I thought it would :)

We ended up with 11 inches and were back at school on Thursday.  It was a nice little break!

No comments:

Post a Comment