Friday, February 26, 2016

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day was pretty low-key this year.  I had a four day weekend and had big plans to make Valentine's with Nola on Friday.  I picked out a few cute ones on Pinterest involving hand and/or footprints.  I had dreams of Turk sleeping in the swing while Nola and I crafted and laughed at the kitchen table.  After an hour battle to get Nola to leave Turk alone so he would sleep I got out some craft supplies and cut out some hearts.  My plan was to get Nola to put her handprints in the hearts and have her write her name.  Her plan was to rip the hearts in half and go back to her room.  That was the end of our crafting :(

Nola has been obsessed with these little princesses that are conveniently located at kids height in the checkout aisles of Walmart.  She has a few of them so I picked one up for her for Valentine's Day along with some princess socks and heart shaped brownies.  She was excited about all of them.


I also wrapped up some Swiss Cake Rolls for Robert.  He was also excited.


Later that day I finally convinced Nola to craft with me.  She still wouldn't participate in my Pinterest dreams, but she did paint her hand.  We made "Valentine's" for family (I still haven't sent them) and a few pictures.  She even tried to give one to the cable guy that came to look at our TV the next day.


Look at that face!  It's crazy to think about how many people love her, but be careful.... she'll literally rip your heart up.



No comments:

Post a Comment