Thursday, June 23, 2016

Summer to do list

One of my favorite posts to write is the annual summer to do list.  It all started my first summer after I started teaching.  I got to school in August and felt like a wasted all of my time off!  Since then I've made a list (2013, 2014, 2015) so that I feel like I've accomplished something in my 3 months off.  My list looks a little different this year with two kids, but I still have a few things to conquer! 

Side note: While pulling up pervious lists to link I've noticed that some of these things have been on my list for the last 3 years.  Blahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

1. MASTERS
Why this might happen: It has to.  I have two 8 week classes happening at the same time, then two 4 week classes (back to back) in the Fall and then I'M DONE!!!!

Why this might not happen: It will!  Even if I have to do homework in the middle of the night! 

2.  BATHROOM (deja vu, vu)


Why this might happen: This is the year!  Maybe?!?!

Why this might not happen: I know the toilet and sink will be in soon, but getting the shower done this summer is still up in the air.  We'll need a few kid-free days.... any takers???

3.  PAINTING
Why this might happen:  I haven't painted a lot in the last year, I was too busy with being pregnant/getting the nursery done and my Masters.  Honestly, I'm not sure I'll be painting as much as I have been in the past.  I'd rather hang out with the kids!  But, I do have a LARGE armoire that I've been commissioned to paint and a small child's chair that is for the 1st birthday of a baby that isn't even born yet, so I'm hoping I can get the armoire done?

Why this might not happen: Kids!  It's pretty much impossible to paint with the kids in the house so I'll have to find a day or two when they can hang out with Grandma and Grandpa.

4.  BLURB BOOKS--- is this list looking familiar yet?!?!?
Why this might happen:  I finished the first one!!!  I just got it in the mail and it is AMAZING.  It took me FOREVER (5 years.  That's like 1.5 bathroom remodels!!) but it's done.  And most of that time was making page layouts that I liked and adding design details.  I made a copy of the one I finished so for the next one, and all of the books after that, I'm just going to move the pages around and add different photos.  Plus,  I started the blog in February of the year I'm starting on so I'll just be copy and pasting!!  It should go a lot faster!?!?



Why this might not happen:  Homework.  My plan is to get my weekly homework done during nap time by Wednesday each week so I can work on the book Thursday and Friday.  We'll see!

5.  SHOWER BEFORE 10
Why this might happen:  Okay, this is a weird one.  But any lady with short hair will tell you that you can't just wake up and go to the store.  If I'm showered and ready to go in the morning then there's more of a chance that I'll get out of the house that day.

Why this might not happen:  Lazy days?  Maybe a few days I'll wake up and my hair will look perfect!?

6.  NOLA'S ACTIVITES
Why this might happen:  Nola is signed up for a bunch of stuff this summer.  Princess Ballet on Tuesdays, Gymnastics on Wednesdays, and T-ball on Thursdays.  I also want to try to get her into swimming lessons sometime this summer.



Why this might not happen:  It will, it's already paid for :)

7.  OTHER HOUSE STUFF?
Why this might happen:  We have smaller stuff on our list, like cleaning out closets and having the guy that did our baseboard come back and replace our doors, so I think those could get done.  There's some bigger stuff too, like the kitchen.  The same guy does counter tops so I'm trying to convince Robert to get new counters/sink installed so that we paint whenever time allows without worrying about the counters.

Why this might not happen:  Not all of it will, but I can always add it to next year's list!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment